Monday, October 24, 2011

Stars ★★★★

Drape me in honeysuckle and jasmine
Tiny white stars lain across my breast
Milk white
Tell me I am beautiful, that all is beautiful
All is fine and well
For the night is cool and young
And we do not have to fear growing old or dying
Because we are young
And fearless
Because who can know fear
When the stars are whispering such poetry
Falling down from the immortal black
Saying
Look at us
We are eternal
Our light will burn forever and onward
You see a past that moves outward into the infinite

Feeling your presence wrapped around my body
I tell you
I want this moment to last forever
And you touch the softness of my skin and say
It will, it will
Our memory may fade
And we will one day wilt and sink into nothing
But this as it is will always exist
Irrefutable, irresistible
Having from now on always been
Until forever and endless
Until the world folds up into itself
And is reborn
Still containing the echoes of us

No comments:

Post a Comment