Monday, October 24, 2011

Smile ★★

I see the world
through eyes glazed with dreams.
A waterspout,
a mylar balloon
become reason to stare,
an entrancing spectacle,
and when I try to explain to you
you just smile,
a slight lift to your lips,
and pull me close.
You are either enjoying my vision,
or my fascination,
but in the end still knowing,
and taking me places
where the world is beautiful
and there pull me into your arms,
my head to your breast,
adrift in the space of moments.
You make my heart swell and breath catch
in a single spoken line,
in the touch of your hand,
in your very existence.
And I wish the world
could always be like this,
filled with the light
I see shining in your eyes.
But the world is this kind of thing
that wraps it's loving arms around you
and pulls you apart.
It wears at you and eats at you,
and leaves charred corpses
of naivety.
It abuses it's children,
impartial to suffering or to happiness,
unaware of the difference
between tragedy and the sublime.
And life is frequently
much harder on me
than others might deem fair,
that arbitrary concept
that man so likes
and the world thinks naught of.
Yet you have such endless patience
for my endless problems,
for the despairs and agonies,
of a strange lost soul,
for it's fragile hopes.
You rebuild the walls
the world tears down
and help me be myself again.
And I know, somewhere in my deepness
that when I split my self ragged
in my endless struggle,
when I spill my blood,
lay open my insides to the air,
that you will be there,
with a needle, some thread, and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment