The sky resembles that trend in movie posters
From maybe five years ago
A hung dome divided between vivid blue and orange
I can see it in the rearview
I wonder if it's because of the brushfires
On the underside of the world
The sky there is crimson at all times of day
Like it was hung with darkroom bulbs instead of a sun
I've seen it in photos
I could stop somewhere and look behind me
Instead of catching glimpses across a spread of glass
But I have places to be
There's always something
I still don't like the taste it leaves behind my back
I wonder how often people do that
Let something fade away
Caught moving forward until a moment falls behind them
When I've parked my car the sun is gone
And I smell the scent
Of something burning
Sunday, September 27, 2026
Burn Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment