Friday, July 13, 2018

Infinity Mirror

I move through the world
Like a funhouse with its
Thousand broken mirrors
Projections cast from the eyes
Of all these solipsistic ghosts
Each with their own painted image
To adorn my fleeting form
That ship in the fog heavy night

Somewhere in the fathomless
The sign of my passage
Strikes distant shores
Overturns small things 
Buried in the sand
Unknowing minds
Touched by my wake
Empty vessels that
Unwittingly carry
Some fractured sense of self

I yearn for this place
I've come to believe
Where the water is so still
And my image sits unbroken
In a crystallized momentum
All a million shining shards
That reflect the things
I believe myself to be

An imperfect glass
For an imperfect being
A face reflecting face
To have that be received
And create a light
That extends infinite between us

No comments:

Post a Comment