Monday, October 24, 2011

What if ★★★

What if I like the things you like?
What if we start hanging out
and you show me this new band
play it in your car for me
as we head to the other side
of anywhere
just to pass the time together?
What if I start to like the things you like
that I didn't before?
And what if I meet your friends?
And what if I like your friends?
And your friends like me?
And we all hang out late at night
in apartments or empty lots
or go skating or jam out
or make the time fly
as if it had sparrow wings?
What if you and I hang out more and more?
What if I become familiar
with the scent you leave on my pillow
or the way you like your coffee
or how you look when you are nervous?
What if we go to a show together
and we both really dig the band
and dig each other
and dig life because you know
right then it how could it be
anything but wonderful?
And what if we made this complicated
existence together
learning and making secrets and stories
creating something unique for ourselves?

And what what would happen to it

if you left me?

No comments:

Post a Comment