Monday, October 24, 2011

Line ★★

I am worried he won't feed that part of me
the part that speaks now
with these words
I fear in every moment lately
the kind that aches with panic and burning wrists
as the trap goes off and clutches at us too late to step back
our breath and our fire reduced to solemnity
in but one moment of weakness
I fear that as good as he means
and as strong as his will is
he will only throw himself against
my by now pained and insurmountable faces
the foam and zephyrs breaking at his heels
and he clinging so desperately, the stinging proof he still has a chance
looking for something
that is, perhaps, himself
a lost mirrored shard
he stares into my eyes with a lingering thing I simply cannot place
that I used to know like the back of my hand
that I used to return to, this constant recursion
I've gained new scars since then, love
and maybe I never really knew them all that well
we've changed
you are new and I am new and how can we continue with all this abyss of the unknown?
I barely know you
but I cling to you so desperately, now
hoping you can feed this thing that speaks
strip me bare of this uncertainty
strip me bare
that I might repair the bridges between my past and my future
before this all falls to pieces
watch from our bastions
as it hits the rocks and the surf

No comments:

Post a Comment